Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Yea! We are in Phoenix, AZ...

Hi friends,

Just a quick update before bed..Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you had a good time last night and a good first day of the new year. I sure did. I was up packing for my trip most of the night. I had to have to many doctors notes and pills in correct bottles and a letter giving me permission to carry my diabetic supplies, but security was not a problem. I think for once I was so organized and prepared that it was not as bad as I thought it would be. My friend Carrie stayed over me last and visited with me while I packed. We were talking and laughing and looked over at the clock and it was 1:00 am. We had totally missed the whole happy new year..but it was funny and not sad. I was so excited about the trip and getting better and finding out what I need to know concerning medications, diseases, pain management that I was restless till 4 am. When Carrie tried to wake me up to get ready to go..I could hardly respond. I was so tired. I don't remember getting ready at all. I know I brushed my hair and we stopped at Starbucks on the way to the airport. I kept wanting to fall asleep. Then after my quad latter I was finally awake and able to function. I don't usually let people see me in the morning because they can be quite ugly. But thank goodness she was there or I never would have been able to get to airport ect.

The plane ride was uneventful. We stopped to change planes in Portland. We were there for a whopping 15 minutes I think before they boarded us on our flight heading to Phoenix. The flight to Phoenix was beautiful. I saw the Grand Canyon and the sun was setting as we walked into the airport. An old friend from Karen's church met us there and gave us a ride to the hotel. We hadn't eaten all day..so we went through a drive thru called "In N Out", good hamburgers and fries. Then before Brian left, he had me $200 to put into the fund. The kindness just amazes me. I handed it over to karen. Oh and Brian paid for the hotel parking and the dinner too. There are still some good people in the world.

We are all checked into our room. It is amazing. Flat Screen TV on wall, study area, living area, kitchenn with fridge and dishwasher and the bathroom is huge. Plus there is a medical library upstairs. And they said that if we needed anything from the store they would go get it for us. Grocery lists are handed in by 9am and then cost of groceries is just added to bill. No cost for shopping service..totally amazing. The attendants and front desk is extremely nice and very helpful. I saw my first catus today and there are palm trees everywhere. We are on the top floor of hotel and can a view of the entire campus.

Traveling is very hard and tiring. Even if you are just sitting still, restless leg syndrome can really attacky I am in bed now and my legs are wide awake but my eyes keep closing. I am glad that we came today..the airline tickets were a lot more money on the weekend and it was snowing when we left Spokane. Someone in the airport told us it was cold outside..and we went out it was like 66 degrees..that is much better that the 17 degrees in Spokane..lol.

I hope you all had a happy new year. I am going to make this the best year od my life. The bible says that life and death are in the power of the tongue so choose life..I am choosing life.
I just want to take a moment and thank God for this opportunity. It is a chance of a lifetime. While I miss my kids so very much, I know I will return to be a better mother and that is a reason to be happy.

Talk again soon! Sign up to get my blogs in your email..or follow this link. www.beccamayoclinic.blogspot.com

Love to all. A big thanks to everyone who helped get me here..I will not waste it. I promise.

Love,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are ready for this journey. God will reward your efforts greatly. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have such a good time packing....lol. I miss you friend but am so happy that you are there. What a blessing for you!! God is a good and big God and he has been with you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I so appreciate your love and support even when I am at my worst. You are a bff forever,,becc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative and helpful post.It is really a big help. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete