Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Day of Rest and Relaxation











We started off the day pretty early..well early for me. It was 7:30 am here, which means 6:30am Spokane time. I can't even remember the last time I was up that early. But after some coffee and a wonderful hot breakfast, I was awake and ready to go for a walk and bask in the sunshine. It was a gorgeous day. 70 degrees. We decided to walk over to the Mayo Clinic to get our bearings and found out that we are located next to the Mayo Clinic Hospital and the actual clinic is 13 miles away..this is a giant campus. The good news is that we can take a shuttle just about anywhere and there is one that leaves at 6:30am on Monday morning so I can be at my 7:00 am registration and then doctor appointment. Today after our walk we came back to the hotel and I worked on some paperwork for my doctor visit and checked email. We then took a shuttle to the grocery store to get somethings to cook dinners etc. We have a small kitchenette and that is so great. I will be posting some pics with my blog today if I can get it to work. Ok the pics are up, but there is no where to label them..so some of them are the room we are staying in and some is from the walk we took. Birds live inside Cati. It was amazing to watch them fly in and out. We saw 2 bright red cardinals today. So cool. The grocery store was actually part of an outdoor mall. They even had lights and heaters for the cold days..never have seen anything like it. It was so sunny I just wanted to sit and soak it in. There is a swimming pool here, but seems way to cold to go swimming..but really looks pretty. Tomorrow I am going to take my bible and go sit out in the sun and soak it in. I had to take a nap today. Just that small trip to the grocery store and looking around and taking some pictures made me so tired. And I slept so good last night too.
I am glad we got here on Friday. With the bad weather, and the weekend holiday rates, we saved some serious money by coming early, even after hotel cost. I miss my kids and my friends. Karen has been so supportive and is helping me to stay positive and hopeful. She can tell when I am tired and gives me space when I need it. There are three lounge rooms here in the hotel. The 5th floor one is called the quiet room and for reading, studying, journaling, etc. The 4th floor one is the media room with large screen tv, dvd player, and computer with printer. And the third floor one is the family lounge with tons of boardgames and another tv. There is also a workout out room. I don't really plan on using that though. The free hot breakfast includes hash browns, sausages, eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, granola, fresh fruit, cereal and milk, pastries, bagels, and breads and toppings. Plus juice, milk and coffee. On Wednesday night they are having a free bbq for all the guests. It is an amazing place, and I am glad because if I end up being admitted to the hospital, not only will Karen be in walking distance, but she will have a comfortable room to come back to. Well my eyes are closing as I write this. We are one hour ahead here so right now it is 11:28 pm. Tomorrow is our quiet day and I want to hand journal some things and get all my lists made for the doctor so next blog will be on Monday night. Good Night my friends. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Love, Becca Ps - I hope you enjoy the pictures even though they are not labeled. I am so new at this blogging thing. The big building you see is the actual Mayo Clinic Hospital.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and sounds relaxing! Wish I had the sunshine here! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. I am glad you are enjoying it so far. What a great start to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is going well and you are on your way!! Love the pictures. When I was there I totally thought the cactus were amazing!! Glad you get to enjoy some of it before your process begins! Keeping you in thought and prayer! Love you! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete