Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Night - 10:45 pm

Hello Readers,
Well it's already pretty late and I am so tired, but I was going to do my best to write about the day and some silly things that have happened. Tomorrow we have a lot going on.
Tomorrow I have an 8 am appt. with the diabetes doctor and then a 10 am appt. with a nutrition doctor. And then we are going to camp out on the second floor for dermatology for a cancellation because they can't work me into their schedule until the 22nd of January and We are supposed to fly out on the 23rd. Well I know that dermatology will want to do some allergy testing and biopsy so that will mean more appointments the following week and then we will still need the wrap up appt. with my doctors and a new plan of action for when I get home. So tomorrow we are basically going on stand by like at the air port for for a doctor appt. Also if it doesn't work tomorrow, then we will have to come back on Tuesday and camp out ttheere. It is the only appt. I can't get into until the 22nd.. All the rest finish on the 14th except the final wrap up with the doctors and that can't happen till I see this doctor. Also please continue to pray for my blood sugars. They are jumping all over the place and with Karen as my witness I am eating very carefully and not much carbs, but can be low one minute and 2 hours later be at 354. And all I ate was a sandwich. So I am praying for the doctors wisdom tomorrow as he looks at these sugars. It is so nice to have Karen here to witness this because I know that I am doing the best I can and not eating any sweets, sugars etc. She is seeing first hand how hard this disease can be.

In the mean time, as I said before, we have done quite a bit of walking between hotel and clinic. I am trying to excercise a little more and take less and less pain medication. I am getting lots of fresh air that way and excercising some of these still joints and muscles. The sunshine makes me happy and wraps me in it's warmth. A good friend of mine that used to live in Arizona sent me an email with the names of the plants and flowers I have been posting. She also warned us about the "teddy bear" or "jumping" cactus. Oh my gosh. U tube it. We saw some amazing videos. Also we decided to look up Arizona wildlife and insects...tell you what, I am so happy to be on the 6th floor of this building and I am going to be walking on the road or on a well established path from now on. I vote for the next Survivor to take place in the middle of this desert. Jumping cacti, poisen spraying bugs, thorns and needles on everything. It's crazy. And the bugs...oh my gosh. Now don't get me wrong..it is Amazing here, but I am not longer quite feeling the pull of transplanting here as much as before. A girl can change her mind, right? Well it's getting late and I need to sleep. It has been a long day and I am tired and have an early day tomorrow. Love to all, and good night.

2 comments:

  1. I looked it up--ouch--no thanks---wonder how horses avoid it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty amazing to watch the birds. They land on everything. We see them sitting in the bushes, in the Cacti and the thorny thees. Also there are humming birds that get so close to those spines to get to the flower, I am still trying to get one on film.

    ReplyDelete