Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14, 2010


I have been thinking all day about what I wanted to blog about tonight. Every night before bed, I have been writing a blog about my experiences here in Arizona. Though there were some reports from good doctors, and I had an excellent experience with the rhuematology department, I think I would like to have my final test done tomorrow and get a final result by tomorrow night to talk about.
So today's post will be about my companion that willingly gave up time away from her husband, her daughter, her son, their spouses and her grandkids. Karen has been a part of my life for over 12 years now. She was a good friend when I was still married to my first husband and even had helped me move over 3 different times. Karen and I were room mates at a Christian Conference back in 2003 and she took me under her wing. She has been a mentor, a friend, a person to go to for wisdom. Karen's daughter, Carrie and I are fast friends. About 3 years ago, Carrie started a Mom's Group and my friend Becky and I both were invited to join. Our mom's group is incredible and is still feeling the loss of our good friend Becky. Every summer Carrie, Karen, I, and our kids and husbands all go camping together each summer. For three days we play in the sun, or rain..lol. We cook together, our children play together and we play games and cards and just generally have a great time. So that is how Karen is in my life.
A couple of months ago, my husband decided that he wanted a desperation and I was a mess. I was suffering depression, sick with a sickness that I didn't know, I was taking pain killers like candy because I lost over 7 teeth, and was the middle of a terrible lawsuit. I had a dentist appointment and when I came out Karen was there waiting. We went for coffee and she had some things to say to me that while hard to heard, were truth and light to my soul and spirit. She then prayed with me and offered to meet with me once or twice a week to help me get through the troubled waters. Here at the clinic where I am ruled by pain, confusion, forgetfulness, and terrible sadness, she is there. She cook dinner, lunch, brings me breakfast every single morning. She sits in waiting rooms, doctors offices and clarifies anything I don't understand. She takes notes, remembers details, and makes me eat.
Every morning Karen is up before me. She is in the Word every single day. I watch her in awe. When I am upset by happenings, she guides my thoughts and keeps me on solid ground. When I want to vent, run away, yell or scream, she will let me. But she does not participate. She waits and then is there when I figure out that my response was pure emotion and nothing to do with God, but just about me and my frustrations that gets me no where. When I want to talk, she listens, when I want to complain, she doesn't. When I don't want to get up or move, she insists. She is a real pain in the neck..lol. She is the one that God choose to come on this journey with me. I am so proud to call her my friend and my mentor. She is a Godly woman and full of wisdom. She has given up a lot to be here with me and I am beyond appreciation. I can not find the words without crying to tell her how important this journey has been and how there is no way I could have done it without her. Sometime in the next few days we will be heading for home and I just want to give honor where honor is due. Karen, I love you and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that you have that person in your life. Mel has been that for me. To have a woman Godly role model in your life who will be honest, even when you don't like to hear the truth - is such a blessing! God definitely knows that we will need those special people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True life changing story of COPD.
    My father was a smoker for forty years. He started when he was a teenager in high school in the early 1950s, and continued to smoke about a pack a day until he quit in 1995. For years he thought "You know? 1 smoked for forty years, and I got away with it !" No. No he didn't. In 2014, nineteen years after he had quit smoking, he started noticing that he was having trouble with wheezing and feeling like he was out of breath a lot. He was diagnosed with early stage COPD. For the first year, he was able to get by with simply using rescue inhalers once in a while, but by late 2015 he needed supplemental oxygen. At first, he could get by on the lowest tank setting of 1 liter per minute, but as time went on he needed an Oxygen concentrator at home and he needed more and more oxygen. Last year (2020) he was up to the oxygen concentrator's highest setting of 5 liters per minute, even while just sitting down. By this time I had moved in with him to take care of him. Sometimes he would be gasping for air, and he would ask me "Son, is the machine on? I just can't get enough air" his condition worsened, our hearts melted every moment as we watched him gasp for breath,we were sure he would die any moment, by the time I started reading YouTube comments,I stumbled upon a comment that said there is an traditional herbal doctor called Dr Itua Herbal Center man that cures this ailment and other human diseases,I quickly contacted him and ordered the herbs with my father's money because he wouldn't need it anymore cos he would die any moment,I received the herbs in two days and from that moment he used the herbs, he began to feel better and better, few weeks later, he was completely cured, I thank you for reading this story about my father's experience with COPD. If you know someone who is a smoker, and you love them, please encourage them to quit. We love Daddy.all thanks to Dr Itua.
    if you have this ailment or have other ailments like..Alzheimer's,Cancer,Parkinson,Hiv,Herpes,Hpv,Kidney disease,Diabetes,Hepatitis,, email Dr Itua Herbal Center on
    drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com also chatted with him on whatsapp number: +2348149277967. and he will send you herbs to cure you completely.

    ReplyDelete