Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2 - Our Next Adventure..



This morning we got to sleep in because the machine I wore all night was not due back until Noon. I slept until 10 AM..Karen had mercy on me because of the night before I am sure. She was up bright and early herself. I woke once and saw her reading by the window, and I thought "How does she do that?" Next time I woke up she was fresh from shower and a cup of coffee was next to me on bedside table. What a blessing...We took our time getting ready..I even put makeup on. And then I checked my phone and I had 2 messages from the Mayo Clinic. It turned out that I had been scheduled for 2 tests that morning starting at 9am, but had not been told about it..hmmm that girl must have forgotten to call..Anyways we headed over on the shuttle to return the machine and then went to stand in line for a scheduler. I explained what happened, told her about the shuttle accident, and she was very kind and gave me most of the rest of my schedule...appointments and tests all the way to the 14th so far..and then told us to go back to the hotel and get some rest. So that is what we did. It was a nice day. We are both still a bit sore from the accident, but the hospital paid all our bills and covered all x-rays etc. Then later this afternoon we went to the little shopping center down the road. The hotel will shuttle you in a 2 mile radius. We got the stuff to start working on Thank You cards, and I hunted everywhere for Altoids...so far Arizona doesn't seem to like Altoids cause I am having a hard time finding them. Also went to Ross and I got a cape made out of fleece for about $12. I am freezing here. I think in my head I thought it was going to be 80 degrees every day. Well during the day it is really nice out more like 68 - 70 degrees and the sun is glorious. But in the morning and at night it is quite chilly and I didn't bring hardly anything warm to wear. This blanket cape is great..sits on my shoulders like a poncho and I am warm..finally. It is even chilly in the Mayo Clinic. One of my tests tomorrow requires me to have warm hands and feet so I am going to wear a scarf, my blanket poncho, 2 pairs of socks and long sleeves. I figure I can peel off layers as I need to.
Arizona is beautiful. The sky amazes me. Though it is a lot different from home...Phoenix is a pretty city with hardly any litter. The houses blend into the landscape..and the mountain range is blue from a distance, but black and craggy up close. It is so different to see bare mountains, in WA state our mountains are covered with trees and snow. I am adding some pictures I took today. One is of a birds nest inside the middle of a spindly cactus. They are everywhere. We saw a Red Cardinal today..so vividly red because the cactus was so green. I wish I could have gotten a picture. Absolutely beautiful. Hope you are enjoying these blogs as much as I enjoy writing them. I thank God everyday for this wonderful opportunity. God bless you where every you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment