Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

T.G.I.F. - Clinic Is Closed for Weekend










Today was a great picture taking day..I started off the morning taking pictures of Karen making our dinner in the crock pot. We had Tortilla Soup. So yummy for dinner...I mean really yummy. When we got back to hotel we could smell our soup all down the hallway. Today we had to go to the clinic to make some schedule changes. You have to put in requests and then the scheduler writes a letter to the doctor and then you have to wait. There were some conflicting appointments. The schedulers are all in one room in separate booths. You stand in line and wait for a turn and then they can print you out a schedule and instructions for each lab/radiology test and people walk around the clinic like they are at a huge conference following their itineraries. There are 5 levels in the clinic and it is very easy to get lost. Most of the workers are awesome and helpful. Today when we were trying to find something to do for the rest of the day and weekend..one of the volunteers offered to give us a ride to the mall. She was very kind. She told us a taxi would cost about $50. There was no way we were going to pay that and there were no buses of any kind to catch at the Clinic so we had to catch the shuttle back to the hospital. Then at the hospital we learned that there was a bus that went to Paradise Valley Mall. We caught the bus and headed out. The mall had a Dillard's which is a store well known down here, it reminded me of Nordstrom's but I have never seen so many COACH bags in one place. They had aisles of them. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to take pictures of them..lol. The mall was pretty and it had a carousal in it. The carousal had all kinds of animals, not just horses and was located in the food court where we had a sandwich and salad at a place called Paradise Bakery and then we wandered the mall for a bit. Very cool stores..I tried to show Karen Hollestier, but we walked in and the music was booming so loud that we had to walk right back out. It was ok, we couldn't have even afforded underwear there..lol. The shoe stores were incredible. I am serious. I have never seen such a variety of shoes offered at once. The summer sandles were right next to the boots..crazy, but so fun. Then we went outside and caught the bus back to the hospital and the sunset was so glorious that I had to take some pictures of it on our walk back to the hotel. In one of my other pictures I have posted a couple of days ago it looks like a pile of sticks with thorns growing straight up..well today there were leaves covering them, so I had to include a picture of that. I am not sure how to write comments under the pictures, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Also if you click on the pictures they will get bigger so you can see the whole thing. I am loving Arizona. There are some pretty crazy drivers and some not so nice wild life and the summers get really hot, but it is so pretty here. The houses and apartments are lovely. Today I saw a rent special sign..I posted it. The rent special was "Free Heat and Hot Water" didn't mention air conditioning though. Thought it was so funny. Especially being a little quirky from Spokane. I love the sunrises and the sunsets. The mountains are tall and majestic. There is no snow. But I am so homesick for my kids, I could leave tomorrow. I am really hoping to get some of these schedule requests back and be done by next week. We will just put it in God's hands and go from there. Enjoy the pictures.
Love, becca

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and stories! Glad we got to "chat" tonight! Miss ya bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Warner alerted us to another danger here (in addition to the scorpions lurking in the sand). They are called jumping cactus and are of the family cholla (pronounced "choya"). I'll let Becca tell you what we learned--YIKES!

    ReplyDelete